(Please read entire job description before applying.)
Praecere Interactive, a boutique communications firm in Washington, DC, has an IMMEDIATE opening for a full-time Account Executive. Please note, this is NOT an entry-level position. Tired of your PR boss abusing you and taking sole credit for all your hard work? Then read further.
You will be expected to assume immediate responsibility for managing client accounts, at times with little supervision. Duties will include:
- Leading and backup for different client accounts.
- Building media lists and identifying media opportunities for a diverse portfolio of clients.
- Writing press releases.
- Pitching reporters, bloggers, and traditional/social media per each individual’s/outlet’s unique sensitivities.
- Speaking on-the-record to media.
- Traditional/social media monitoring and reporting impressions.
- Client event coordination.
- Writing posts for Praecere’s blog.
- Maintaining and growing Praecere’s social media presence.
- At least 1-2 years agency experience – please note, you MUST have large or mid-size agency experience – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Absolute precision in writing and editing.
- Exceptional media relations skills.
- Strong understanding of social media and PR industry trends.
- Experience with travel/tourism and consumer PR a plus.
Things that will immediately disqualify you:
- No agency experience.
- Not being able to start within 2 weeks of offer.
- Not being able to commit to at least 1 year of work.
- Any grammar errors or misspellings in your submitted materials – this is an automatic dealbreaker.
- Cold-calling to inquire about the position or check on your application.
Reasons to apply:
- Competitive salary.
- 10% bonus per all new business you generate.
- Client leadership.
- Escape from the grind of agency life.
- The opportunity to do actual nuts-and-bolts PR work.
- No billable hours.
This position entails substantial responsibility, long hours, and fearlessness in your approach to media. Some travel may be required. This is real PR – not just stuffing envelopes, making copies, and giving people keys to the bathroom. Praecere takes time, thought, and care in every step and decision we make, and your application should reflect that philosophy. Tell us about your prior work, understanding of the PR industry, and anything else you think is relevant and interesting about you – and please avoid lame PR jargon, buzzwords, and biz-speak babble.
Send resume (no writing samples/references just yet) to . ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS.